WORK MODEL> Intellectual Property Protection
Security at Linear Micro is taken very seriously. Effectively managing the IP assets of our clients is of primary importance in our business strategy. We are proud of our record of zero IP-related complaints in the last fourteen years and always seek ways to improve security.
- Outsource only - Linear Micro devotes itself entirely to the software outsourcing industry. Linear Micro doesn't own any software products itself. No solution libraries are allowed into the company (except for open source information) for any new developments.
- Confidential document control - All copies of a client's confidential documents are regularly accounted for and then deleted when usage needs have expired. All such confidential documents are returned and disposed of by the client.
- Office security - Dedicated development teams have separate offices with password controlled security access; only the relevant staff are permitted to enter ODC offices. No one except the network administrator is given access to any hardware devices. Security procedures and precautions are also enforced systematically after working hours.
- Nondisclosure agreement - The Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA) is signed at the start of a business relationship.
- Database security - Customer teams install database products into an isolated data server in a blocked shelf. Access to sensitive information is limited to key personnel only. The database will not be used for any purpose other than development.
- Personal computer security - Each team member has his/her own computer configured with a start-up password, preventing access by others except the network administrator.