Ulkasoft > Vacancy > Senior Java Engineer
Position Title: Senior Java Engineer
Job Location: Waltham, MA
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individual who is comfortable working as part of an onsite interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you are an expert at the server side but with good working knowledge of the UI and you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will design and develop robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transaction web-based application. You will be an accomplished well-rounded engineer, with knowledge of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks and good understanding of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application performance and maintainability.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- At least 4-6 years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver robust and highly scalable solutions
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team designing, developing and testing
- Understanding of database fundamentals and ability to write some queries and ability to understand stored procedures/functions is required
- Experience with Spring framework, Hibernate, Struts 1.2 or 2 Framework, XML required
- Experience with My Eclipse , ANT scripts is required
- Experience developing on a current Microsoft Windows operating system and working knowledge of MS SQL Server required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience creating design documents required
- Experience with session management, object relational mapping, XML web services
- Experience with UML, JUNIT Test cases and Agile development is desired
- Working knowledge of WebSphere & Linux, Spring Batch, JasperReports is a desired
- Experience building Java web services using a framework such as Apache CXF is a plus
- Work with onsite team lead or members to take the requirements and high level design and translate to detailed design spec and review with on-site lead.
- Proactively seeking inputs, tracking and escalating issues to onsite lead.
- Design, develop and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications, as well as participate in the development of new industry-leading products, leveraging technologies such as Spring, Struts2, Hibernate.
- Be able to write unit test cases for the code to ensure good unit testing before delivery to onsite.
- Follow the code conventions and best industry practices /standards with good logging / documentation in the code.
- Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services integrating with database and third party components.
- Support other engineers, both onsite and offshore, by resolving technical issues, investigating problems and coordinating with relevant individuals.
Apply directly to email@example.com